Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Ethan's daily liturgy (ad and counter-ad)

Prime: Mom, can I wear my Spiderman outfit? (Spiderman is his favorite superhero)

Sext: Mom, can I change into my Superman outfit? (Superman is his second favorite. Superman is usually employed in sports-related outdoorish events)

Vespers: Dad, can I wear my Batman jemmies? ( Despite the Batmobile, Batman always comes third)

Today I received an ad from Circuit City. Jessica Alba and the other three Fantastics figured prominently on a plasma screen TV, fire in the background, advertising the new Rise of the Silver Surfer release. Below the flashy images, blank words in dark surrounds, dull font:
"Father's Day Gifts So Fantastic, He'll Feel Like A Superhero"

Here's my response. An incredulous stare, and some signs in a cool font:

"If you're raising fathers, name them "Vigil". The bells are tolling midnight."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter